OC-1 Pool filter technology
Certikin’s ground-breaking launch brings filtration into the 21st century.
Always at the vanguard of innovation, Certikin is proud to announce that it is the world’s exclusive distributor of OC-1 Filtration Media® a trailblazing new product which, through its unique action and performance, is set to revolutionise the wet leisure market.
Embracing the recent advances in pump technology and maximising the benefits of variable speed pumps, the ingenious OC-1 Filtration Media works through settlement, as opposed to the traditional method of entrapment.
The new British manufactured filtration media has some exceptional benefits - by replacing commonly used media (such as sand and glass) with OC-1 Filtration Media it is possible to reduce the head loss in the filtration system; filter with a constant flow (regardless of debris entrapment) and, most remarkably, significantly reduce running energy costs whilst still filtering to the equivalent standard as it can be used with a smaller pump or a variable speed pump or controller.
Certikin’s Commercial Manager, Steve Nelson says: “This is a very exciting launch for Certikin, because of OC-1’s unique benefits, we anticipate a massive demand for this product. Over the last few years there have been major advances in pool technology. None more so than OC-1 which promises to totally modernise and transform water filtration, which has largely remained static since before Roman times.”
Jon Maskell, Certikin International Business Manager says: “We are excited in Export to sell OC-1, as it is now possible to ship filters around the world with the media already inside. This saves transportation costs and also time and effort on site. The pool market has been moving towards energy efficient ‘green’ products and OC-1 fits perfectly into this trend. The benefits of using OC-1 are enormous, it truly is a revolutionary product.”
OC-1’s outstanding key benefits
- Reduces energy consumption – OC-1 maintains constant flow rates, even when the media becomes dirty. No downtime is required for heating/salt chlorinators/heat pumps going out on low flow. The constant flow means pumps can be run at lower speeds, thus saving energy.
- Huge capacity for debris collection – OC-1 offers over 20 times the capacity of sand or glass.
- Reduced requirement for backwashing and a more efficient backwash - Reduces water consumption, chemical usage and heating. There is no need to backwash on start up with new installations.
- Lightweight - Can even be shipped inside a filter, easy to handle and super quick and easy to install.
- Less Maintenance - lasts longer than sand, reduces pressure in the system, extending the life of equipment.
- Filters to all International standards.
- Suitable for ALL installations - domestic or commercial, outdoor or indoor, new Installs or existing filters.
- Recyclable at end of product life.
- Payback typically 6-12 months.
- High and low pressure flow meter.